how does this lower grill install??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys

long story short I hit a deer while at my cabin in Northern Michigan.

I have this lower grill but cant for the life of me figure out how goes in. There are tabs and slots but nothing lines up

Has anyone put one of these in? Pics of one installed (from the inside under the hood) would be great!!!

I hate to go to the dealer just for this. The rest of the repair is done

2008 Eddie Bauer

Resized_20170729_095241.jpeg

IMG_20170905_161104234.jpg

Last edited:

Rigpig

Reaction score
It goes in the way you have it in the second pic, in between the bumper cover and bumper

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think i left mine out when i swapped my bumper

OP
OP
Big Brian

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It goes in the way you have it in the second pic, in between the bumper cover and bumper
Thanks I realize that but nothing lines up that's why I am asking for pictures I think when they installed the bumper cover they left something out or put something in wrong as they screwed up some other stuff and I am not taking it back there long back story I don't want to get into here I am going to have to run it to a Ford dealer I think unless I can get some pictures from you guys

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your vehicle comprehensive insurance coverage would have paid to have a full repair done (minus any deductible) - why didn't you go that route?

OP
OP
Big Brian

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't really want to go into it it's too long to explain I am simply asking for a few pic's it is covered by insurance the bill is $7200 so far

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't really want to go into it it's too long to explain I am simply asking for a few pic's it is covered by insurance the bill is $7200 so far

Okay - I don't have pictures, but good luck.

(I own a 2015 Expedtion Limited 4x4).

OP
OP
Big Brian

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks if I wasn't typing on my phone I would explain I hit a deer at my cabin and had to have it fixed 300 miles from home and am now finding stuff missing they shipped me some parts I am just trying to avoid going to the dealer to get them installed if I can just do it myself

OP
OP
Big Brian

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did find a picture of the inside of the lower bumper cover I think I know what is wrong when they put the lower rubber sheet splash shield on its not right and bunched up or bent this is preventing me from installing the grille I am going to look at it when I get home..You cannot see this from looking at it from above. This was done at a Chevy dealer the Ford dealer by my cabin does not have a body shop and I didn't have many options where to get it fixed as it was not drivable

Last edited: