How much $ does a 3rd-row bench seat go for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganchan

Reaction score
I don't need or want the 3rd-row bench seat in my 2000 Eddie Bauer, nor do I want to hold the thing in storage for no reason, so i plan to sell it on Craigslist (which I think will be the easiest way). What do these things normally go for when they're in fair-to-good condition for their age? (No rips, leather in good shape, but some rust on the connecting bar).

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
G

ganchan

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for all that. I did see someone near me (Central TX) selling hers for $250....but the ad has been up since Feb. :eek:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
$250.00 Is way to much to pay. I have seen them anywhere from $25.00 to $100.00

I have always removed my 3rd row seat in the 1st gen expys that I have owned And I wouldn't buy a expy without the seat. So if I were to look at an expy without a seat my offer would be lower.

They tend to sell better if the seat is available or available to a potential buyer

U-Pull-It price near me $30.00 and I have seen a few that were still in the expys

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been trying to sell mine over a year. Asked $50 never got a hit. Finally gave up. Not sure what to do with it.

OP
OP
G

ganchan

Reaction score
Been trying to sell mine over a year. Asked $50 never got a hit. Finally gave up. Not sure what to do with it.

I guess if you're not in urgent need of 50 bucks, you can just dump it. (But where?)

In the meantime, I would assume that lugging the extra weight around is costing you something at the gas pump....

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess if you're not in urgent need of 50 bucks, you can just dump it. (But where?)

In the meantime, I would assume that lugging the extra weight around is costing you something at the gas pump....

It's been sitting in a basement closet for years now.. Not in urgent need of $50 but no idea where to dump it either. I might try posting it on CL for free..

OP
OP
G

ganchan

Reaction score
Would a junk yard take it off your hands? Or do they only accept entire cars?

I'll try CL first. There are so many old Expeditions around here, surely somebody could use the thing....

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score

You could strip all the foam off of it and take the metal frame to a metal recycler. You'll get a little money for it- not much since steel scrap prices are so low.