How to access cylinder #4 on a 5.4L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fernando6318

Reaction score
Hi everybody, so my expedition just kicked a "P0304" code, i decided to try and check the cylinder for a bad plug or coil and noticed how extremely hard it is to access that plug, i cant seem to get a spark plug socket to grab the plug it seems it might be broken with pieces inside but i cant really see for sure, is there any way to remove the windshield wiper cowl or other parts to make it more easier to access the back plugs?

Kevo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not really theres little things you can move or remove but without a scope or a mechanics mirror it will be hard

CARO'S98EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I understand correctly you cant get the socket on the plug to remove it, going with that I would suggest blowing into the plug well with compressed air. I have also seen dirt and sand packed around the plug and had to use a small pick or screwdriver to reach down and break it up then blow it out.

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
x2 on the compressed air, and get a mirror there like $2 it will help alot broken plug is alot worse than dirt on top of the plug.

jdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If I understand correctly you cant get the socket on the plug to remove it, going with that I would suggest blowing into the plug well with compressed air. I have also seen dirt and sand packed around the plug and had to use a small pick or screwdriver to reach down and break it up then blow it out.

X2 I've been through this.
Other thing I've been caught off guard with is holes that have been repaired with a sleeve that accepts a longer plug with a 9 1/6 socket size.
You can tell if this has been done by how long the boot is on the coil usually about 2".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1