How to break in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh...what?

You take your key, unlock, and open door. :D

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How to break in our vehicles is not something we want spread over the internet. Your best bet is the dealer having the key code and cutting a new key, or having a locksmith coming out and jimmying the door.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think a couple of you missed the point. i dont think he wants to break into it, i think he wants to break it in! hahaha.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Haha...now I see it. Just drive it. New engines have such close tolerances on all the parts now that engine break-in is practically non-existent. Just don't keep it at any one RPM for too long (ie on cruise for a hundred miles).

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree. the only thing you really have to "break in" these days are new gears if you change them out in your truck.

OP
OP
S

schnitzerz4

Reaction score
hahahhaa you guys crack me up LOL

what i meant is how to break in a new engine :) ive got 2010 expe and still up to now nobody can answer me how to breakin a new engine :) some say drive it slow some others say drive it like you stole it :)

you guys are funny :D

oh and by the way ive got the CCFL halo projector lights ill post it in the mods section :)

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drive it like normal. Just make sure to go through all the gears (other words, don't stay at one gear/speed for long periods of time, like Stoned06 said.) You want to make sure everything "meshes" up.