How to break in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your screen name is an indication of your other vehicle, post it up. An AC Schnitzer Z4 would be pretty sweet.

Eric

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have rebuilt many racing engines and since they are balanced and built to very high tollerances, we broke them in with hot laps right out of the box. As for production line cars, I would take it easy for the first 3,000 to 5,000 miles making sure to alter your rpm's and use the different gears, also take it easy on the brakes as well. I believe the manufacturer uses a non-detergent break-in oil as the first fill.

OP
OP
S

schnitzerz4

Reaction score
thanks much guys :)

stoned06 - yes sir :)
95548319_LNciw-O-2.jpg

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Niiiice! Any engine upgrades/Dinan software? That's got to be a blast to drive. We've had a few BMW's in our family, and my wife currently has an X3 that will be replaced next spring with either an X1 or the new Mini 4 door Countryman. She loves her small sporty sport utes! BTW, her dad grew up just outside of Manilla. I'll have to ask her exactly where.

Last edited: