How to install clips in 2015 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sharon Tyler

Reaction score
I need to put a cargo net in my 2015 Ford Expedition to stop things from falling out when I open the hatch but there are no preinstalled clips to attach it to. I don’t want to just start drilling holes without knowing what I might hit. Can someone advise me?

Psychobot90

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need to put a cargo net in my 2015 Ford Expedition to stop things from falling out when I open the hatch but there are no preinstalled clips to attach it to. I don’t want to just start drilling holes without knowing what I might hit. Can someone advise me?
I'd just use a Command strip type adhesive clip.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Sharon Tyler

Reaction score
Yeah I already bought that exact item on Amazon. Just trying to figure out where to install the anchor points permanently.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
This if a feature, not a defect. The design is to allow hands free unloading of groceries and other things from the back of the vehicle. Thank you Ford. When I want to go the trouble of manually unloading I defeat the feature by opening the glass and looking inside before opening the entire hatch.

-- Chuck

RobE

Reaction score
Ok you gave me the courage to start screwing lol. Worked out fine. Thanks
Cool. Here is a photo of my diy installation. I tuck the middle bottom part of the net behind the door latch to prevent item from rolling out the back.

4809F1DA-257B-49B1-AD86-5A46B61F6D69.jpeg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This if a feature, not a defect. The design is to allow hands free unloading of groceries and other things from the back of the vehicle. Thank you Ford. When I want to go the trouble of manually unloading I defeat the feature by opening the glass and looking inside before opening the entire hatch.

-- Chuck

The self-unloading feature that dumps the contents onto the ground is one of the features I despise on my 2015 Expedition. Terrible, terrible design - with no factory or Ford accessory options for a cargo net or small lip.