How to open rear hatch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well the tittle ses it all the door lock actuator went out and i need to open but the key slot is broken (theft of rear seat) and i need to replace bulbs in tail light how can i get it open? Can it be oppen from the inside?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take a screw driver and beat it into the key hole, put a pair of vice grips on it and break the lock. should be able to turn it with the screw driver then to loc or unlock it, then get a new rear lock

Last edited:

gaping46and2

Reaction score

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The only thing I would add to that video is DO NOT rip the vapor barrier like that guy did. Gently pull it from the hatch and it will re-apply when you are done. If you rip it like that, you will get water in your vehicle when it rains or you wash the car.

OP
OP
C

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats a little too aggressive but that will be my last option

OP
OP
C

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mines is a 2002 but it shouldn't be too different il give it a try... you wouldn't happen to know if those are plastic hooks or they just pin into the door would you. Dont want to rip it apart and not get it back on

Stoned06

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mines is a 2002 but it shouldn't be too different il give it a try... you wouldn't happen to know if those are plastic hooks or they just pin into the door would you. Dont want to rip it apart and not get it back on

Not sure on the 2002, but the inside trim on my '06 has metal clips that snap into the hatch. I would assume the '02 is the same, but not 100% sure. I was being careful when removing my trim, and I had a few clips break. Had to buy a package through Ford, and for what they are, it was a bit expensive. I think 4 clips cost $12.

OP
OP
C

Charly

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its the same in my 3rd gen but never done a 1st gen

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats a little too aggressive but that will be my last option

LOL Tie a chain around the latch and hook it ti a truck bumper and floor it, It will open then:sparta: