Rear hatch stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khammer

Reaction score
I just started using the Forscan program so the module update seems intimidating right now. I have the Pinpoint test and diagnostic procedures for the RGTM DTCs from the service manual that I will attempt first before I go down that road.

I have a service appointment 1/16 for a CEL for code P0021 camshaft timing. If I continue to have tailgate issues I may mention it whiles its in and see if they will check the tailgate and flash any software or TSBs.

OP
OP
C

ColoradoJon

Reaction score
Welp, bad latch diagnosed and replaced by dealer. It was not covered on warranty. $800 dollar repair. Looks like you can get the latch from the dealer for $150. My repair techs had a hard time removing the plastic with the door latched. They couldn't or didn't use the procedure shown above. I couldn't figure out how to make it work right either before I took it in. Not sure if you have all three places on the latch, release, and where it contacts the striker plate and bar.