Hybrids Confirmed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Dog

Reaction score
My 2022 Expedition will be my last vehicle unless it gets totaled in a wreck. A friend of my wife bought a Jeep hybrid in Tampa this past weekend. Has a range of 25 miles on battery power. She paid a lot more money for the hybrid. There went a lot of extra money down the toilet. I just don’t understand these people buying these vehicles. I guess Im to old 69 to understand this generation No matter how I try.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2022 Expedition will be my last vehicle unless it gets totaled in a wreck. A friend of my wife bought a Jeep hybrid in Tampa this past weekend. Has a range of 25 miles on battery power. She paid a lot more money for the hybrid. There went a lot of extra money down the toilet. I just don’t understand these people buying these vehicles. I guess Im to old 69 to understand this generation No matter how I try.

The idea behind a plug-in hybrid is that for some people, they can do most, if not all, of their daily driving on electric only and still retain adequate range for longer trips. The fuel savings can be substantial, as it is much cheaper to drive electric vs gas. For comparison, my electricity rate per kWh is similar to the cost for a gallon of gas. But my electric cars (I-Pace and Focus Electric) get the gas equivalent of 85 mpg and 100 mpg. Both cars are charged at home. I haven't done any service to the Focus apart from tires in 50,000 miles of driving. There are also tax credits for going electric. The more you drive, the more you save. But as with anything, YMMV. Consumers gets to choose what works best for them.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Whatever hybrid they can come up with, I'd love a hybrid expy or nav that could net me 600+ miles of range.

balthisar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd take an Expedition energi. I'd appreciate a bit more than 25 miles of electric range, though. If it's as fast as my Mach E, that would be almost criminal. Something that big shouldn't be so fast! But I hope it will be.

As I get closer to retirement, it would be nice to get closer to having one car, and a Mach E can never be an only-car, whereas an PHEV Expedition could be.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd take an Expedition energi. I'd appreciate a bit more than 25 miles of electric range, though. If it's as fast as my Mach E, that would be almost criminal. Something that big shouldn't be so fast! But I hope it will be.

As I get closer to retirement, it would be nice to get closer to having one car, and a Mach E can never be an only-car, whereas an PHEV Expedition could be.
Eventually, we'll see more PHEVs on offer in this vehicle segment. Just need the prices of the batteries to come down. The Ram Charger is a first shot across the bow. I'm sure Ford and GM will respond, especially since demand for full electric half-tons isn't growing the way they anticipated.