Hypertech Max Energy 2.0 - First Impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm curious...since they appear to be posting BHP numbers....how do they surmise a 59HP increase over stock at 346HP when Stock is listed at 327HP? I know I learned old math but that's a 19 point delta every time I subtract it. Anyone?

edit---I reexamined the dyno and see how they are getting their numbers but I might point out....in day to day driving, 5000 rpm is a lot....BUT the benefits of this shine between 3500 & 5000!

Yeah, Peak is not as important as the gains it gives in the middle of the power band, as you well know. That is where they are getting the gains number. You can DEFINATELY feel it.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ugh!!! I would love to get a tuner on my 17 especially if it can produce those types of numbers. I only run 93 octane and I do a lot of towing so this would be a great addition for me. Hell Ive had about 600lbs of floor tile sitting in the back for a week now. I could use more power lol!!!

I have complete confidence in this vehicle and doubt it will ever fail me but do I take a chance voiding my warranty? That's all that's holding me back

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ugh!!! I would love to get a tuner on my 17 especially if it can produce those types of numbers. I only run 93 octane and I do a lot of towing so this would be a great addition for me. Hell Ive had about 600lbs of floor tile sitting in the back for a week now. I could use more power lol!!!

I have complete confidence in this vehicle and doubt it will ever fail me but do I take a chance voiding my warranty? That's all that's holding me back

My exact question as well 07. I spoke with my lawyer-son who told me that the warranties are intentionally written to be ambiguous...The law states that the manufacturer can't forbid you from adding aftermarket anything by invalidating the warranty UNLESS IF AFFECTS OPERATION..............and well, that's going to be left up to the mind of a Judge who very likely, doesn't understand cars/engines/tuners very well.

I would like some kinds of assurances before I bought but I know they will not be forthcoming....

jeff

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would like some kinds of assurances before I bought but I know they will not be forthcoming....

jeff

A lot of it depends on the service manager. I treat my service manager very well including WaWa gift cards after I have my vehicles serviced. I always get treated as a priority and I often get minor things done for free when I am there.

But like you I have concerns so that is why I went with the Boostmax for my 17 Expy. I do have a Steeda tune on a SCT X4 for my Mustang GT though...

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would love to say it is 100% that it will not void your warranty...but guarantees like that don't happen in our day and age.

Could it void it, yes, if the dealer is a twit about it. Will the most likely, No. I have never owned a vehicle that was not tuned. I have never had issue getting warranty work done either.

The BoostMax or signal changing types of tuners are not immune to that. You can argue that you did not change the program, but you did install a non Ford device between the sensors and the ECM to affect total Boost. That change can be seen. Edge tuners back in the day for the diesels, I experimented with and I showed where you could see the sensor data that showed it was there, after it was removed, so did others.

I always use the adage, "Pay to play". You take the risk. I personally think it is worth it. They would have a fight on their hands though to prove to me the Tuner caused the issue.

With that said, I think this Motor has WAY more to give than what the Hypertech is pulling from it. I just wanted a little more power and slightly better shifting. The added benefit of the Tire Size adjustment, and TPMS adjustment sold it for me. Once I put the 3/2 on and larger tires it will be easy to adjust for them.

On my Edge Sport with the LMS programmer and the Aggressive 93 tune, I am looking to push the limits, but not on the Family hauler.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Loki, you are absolutely correct. I would add that if the new Navigator can push 450HP and 510 torque on 93 octane I think we will be fine. I have not been able to confirm that they are using the Raptor engine but as log as you are not detonating, most Ford engines can make significantly more power than from the factory.

There are Roush Mustangs that make over 700HP on stock 5.0 engines that come with a warranty. As long as the tune keeps the air/fuel ratio safe, I think any tuner is fine.

Again, be nice to your service manager!

OP
OP
LokiWolf

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Loki, you are absolutely correct. I would add that if the new Navigator can push 450HP and 510 torque on 93 octane I think we will be fine. I have not been able to confirm that they are using the Raptor engine but as log as you are not detonating, most Ford engines can make significantly more power than from the factory.

There are Roush Mustangs that make over 700HP on stock 5.0 engines that come with a warranty. As long as the tune keeps the air/fuel ratio safe, I think any tuner is fine.

Again, be nice to your service manager!

The 18 Expy, and Navigator are using the 2nd Gen 3.5TT, so there are some differences between it and our motor. I thought I read somewhere the Nav will have the basically the Raptor version. Couldn’t find the article. If I do, I will post it.

More Power!

Barjrob1972

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmm. I kind-of got away from tuners due to the 'money-spent-to-power-increase' not being worth it unless I was changing gears and tires, but it would seem per the chart and the report the increase on my 2015 EL would be significant. I like that 87 torque curve.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire