Hypertech question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Petrini

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Hypertech model 41021 is compatible with my 97 Eddie Bauer 5.4L? I only see it listed for the 99 Expedition. Is there a reason it wouldnt work? I think its an older model so I'm not able to get the info off of their website.

Thanks in advance

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
power programmer III. thats what i got. works great. no problems. just cant go into detail about tuneing and all that but hey i got more power. still want an edge. but this one works great as is.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the biggest difference with the 97-98 and 99+programmers is that with the 99+ they can correct the speedo for bigger tires... otherwise they should be pretty close.. best thing would be email or call hypertech

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i think my power programmer was for an 01 but it still worked. the guy advertised it for an 01 expedition and it still worked. only thing you can really do is use the power setting for more power and harder shifts. other then that its limited. i got mine for $100 off craiglist about 3 years ago.

OP
OP
Petrini

Petrini

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info. I was looking for some kind of programmer to get some more mpg's and I was hoping to find an older used unit for around $100 on ebay or somewhere. If anybody is upgrading and wants to get rid of one, let me know.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if i some how get a couple grand thrown my way and i buy what i need to buy ill buy and edge and throw the hypertech your way. just pay for shipping and it'll be fine. since i dont need it anyways. but thats if i get a couple grand thrown my way. haha like winning part of the lotto! HA! :eek::eek:

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Something else you might want to search the forum for is posts on "sniper tuning" or just maybe "sniper". That one is Ford specific. When I was looking at them several years ago they sure weren't cheap but a used one is probably floating around somewhere. Old member (green03) I think used to make custom tunes for the sniper one also and some were specifically for MPG boosts. One of the moderators here also (Elvato) has it and he's pretty good about posting regularly so I'm sure if you sent him a PM he could help you out a lot too with info on the sniper tunes.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you really wanna get the most bang for the buck and can wait a few weeks look into a edge that has been programmed by PHP...

http://www.powerhungryperformance.com/

I wanted one but I can not wait and the deal I got on my edge CS I couldn't pass up the one I got

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you really wanna get the most bang for the buck and can wait a few weeks look into a edge that has been programmed by PHP...

http://www.powerhungryperformance.com/

I wanted one but I can not wait and the deal I got on my edge CS I couldn't pass up the one I got

yeah the deal you got was your wife got it for you! haha but cause shes your wife she had to spend your money to get it for you! haha

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell my wife also bought me the rims, hood and roll pan... she pretty much buys everything and she will even help prepare it for shows too....