I can't take anymore sagging....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RVAEXPEDITION

RVAEXPEDITION

Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the advice. I will do just that and try and spray them sometime tomorrow.

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered my Air Lift 1000 last night. I tow a biggie, so it should give me some better feel at least. I had sway issues going downhill because of how low the hitch would go. All i needed was an inch or two on the back end, and yall have made me decide to drop the hundred bucks.

I'll let yall know my experience.

crowncrazy87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I flipped out today and ordered new Coil Springs, Daystar Spacers 1", Monroe Coil-over Load Assist Shocks, and Air Lift 1000 helper bags.

How much did all that run you? I installed the monroe 9005 kit to replace my aged air suspension and mine will sag with even a 230lb person sitting in the back and if I pull a trailer (6x10) it will really sag, even unloaded!

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had the same experience as this user, so I have been doing basically the same thing to my 98 xlt. We are both in XLTs not EBs, so Air ride issues are out the door. You may have to do a coil over conversion FIRST to do what we have done.

Monroe 58633 Sensa trac rear shocks (90 bucks for the pair)
Monroe 37133 In front, If I am doing one set... (50 bucks a pair)
Air Lift 1000 (100 Bucks). To be installed.

I did not replace my springs, ask him how much it helped. I figured adding the Air Lift was a similar concept.

The shocks make a huge difference. Its not that I do not sag at all, its that the overall "bouncyness" that has changed. I used to hit a bump and everyone spilled their coffee. Now, you feel it, but the extreme is gone.

OP
OP
RVAEXPEDITION

RVAEXPEDITION

Reaction score
For the spacers, shocks, springs, and airbags it all cost me $305 shipped to my door via Amazon. My ride is a little harsh, but I don't mind. It still for whatever reason doesn't sit level even unloaded, but I give up haha. I checked to see if maybe I had installed the springs upside down, but I didn't. I found another set of spacers from my previous expedition 2 days after I installed so I may go back and add those in.

crowncrazy87

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have already installed the 90005 kit from Monroe. I installed it about 6 months back. About two weeks after I installed it and it all had time to settle in I noticed a rattling clunking type sound from the rear when I hit bumps and railroad tracks. Have yet to figure that one out.

I may just have to go with a stiffer spring/spacers/shocks, etc... or spend the big bucks and redo the air ride system.

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
a>

Me and Links tend to have issues. Here is my expy hitched up to go. It dips, but certainly not as bad as many other things I have driven. I am thinking of lowering the ball on the hitch an inch or two to get some more power in front of the rear axes.

This is with an Air Lift 1000 installed at 20PSI, and my monroe sensatrac coil over rear shocks.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
IMG_1740_zpspnzyvnlt.jpg

Me and Links tend to have issues. Here is my expy hitched up to go. It dips, but certainly not as bad as many other things I have driven. I am thinking of lowering the ball on the hitch an inch or two to get some more power in front of the rear axes.

This is with an Air Lift 1000 installed at 20PSI, and my monroe sensatrac coil over rear shocks.

Better?

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What am I doing wrong. Ill google that...

Thanks. The sad Irony is that I am a web developer.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Paul I did was copy the image source code on your photo bucket picture :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk