I love Ford, but.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiskeyRebel

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been posted before, somewhere, I couldn't find it, but if so, I apologize for the repetition.

So I have a door lock issue, auto lights don't work, interior lights won't turn on, rear pwr seat issue, and when I turn the SUV off, pull the key out and open the door everything stays on, issue....etc etc etc...needless to say I'm at my wits end! I bought the vehicle with these issues, which were SUPPOSED to have been fixed by the place I got it from.....they NEVER even LOOKED at it! UGH
So ANYWAY-I have just had it in the shop, and they couldn't find the exact location of the problem, but did say it is a 'wire, broken, bent, or melted somewhere in the miles of wire.' :facepalm: The 'warranty' that i got with the car, of COURSE won't cover wires of any kind, unless it's specific to a component, so I'm not going to keep having the shop do the work, too much money I didn't have to start with. :whymewhyme:
So, I guess my question is, has anyone else had this issue, or similar issue, and if so what did you do to resolve it? I NEED my locks fixed, like 6 months ago...or some sort of work around, so I can lock them and not have to crawl thru the thing to open all the doors, yes, I can roll down the windows for the 4 doors, but the hatch is another matter altogether, its all electric, and no place to open with a key, or anyway to lock it, or UNlock it if God FORBID it gets locked. :flame:
I would be grateful for ANY ideas.
Thanks in advance, and if no ideas, thanks for takin the time to read.
WhiskeyRebel

TehMater

Reaction score
had the same problem on my 98'. what solved it for me was spraying WD-40 into where the doors latch. after that, my lights didn't work at all when i opened doors. It seems that my subwoofer has rattled something back in place, though. because everything is working now.

I'd start with spraying WD-40 into your latches. I never had a problem with headlights/taillights, though.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just a bit of advice Anytime you have electrical issues and also for other issues it is always nice to know the year, model and engine information. Although you have a 2nd edition expy Ford is well known for making changes from one model year to another model year and also within model years.

Read the attached link This could be or could not be some of your problem

http://www.expeditionforum.com/f16/...-auto-headlight-not-working-25453/#post208117

OP
OP
W

WhiskeyRebel

Reaction score
Its a 2003 EB 5.4
What kind of engine info are you wanting? I can prolly try to get it if you are willing to help...lol