Iced-up EXPY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1997SCEBFEX

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The winter storm got us here too; not as bad as the rest of the country, but wet, cold, and icy for living on the Gulf of Mexico. 1/2 day yesterday, off today, and a noon (as of now) report for tomorrow.

Was fortunate enough that the front passenger door was the only one that I could get in this a.m. due to the liquid freeze penetrating everywhere (garage is full up with two other vehicles).

So, put the portable heater on the rear seat drop-down cup holder/arm rest this afternoon for an hour to thaw/deglaze the windows, came inside for a cup of hot of joe, then resumed the efforts back in the cold. Mr. sun has only pierced the tree canopy once, and will be going down in about 40 minutes already.

Turned the key bringing her to life; just a little belt squeal from everything being so cold; probably time to change out the supercharger idlers as they only last a few years anyway. The external temp gauge flashed "ice", then settled out @ 28*, only seeing 31* maximum.

Took her around the neighborhood a few times bringing the temp up to normal, a shift into 4AWD to back up the driveway, then wiped down every doorjamb in hopes to prevent freezing back solid again.

Best from here,
PanHandler.

Attachments

• P1290024.jpg
    P1290024.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 60
  • P1290019.jpg
    P1290019.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 57

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i hate it when doors freeze up. My truck sits out side as well. I will have to try the silocon trick so i dont get this issue as well.