Illuminated Door Sill Plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jstrut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where's the easiest place to tap into courtesy light wiring? I don't have a problem drilling a hole in the plastic door sills, just don't want to crawl this 65 year old body upside down trying to find a wire

I tapped into the light on my courtesy light on my door panel but if you dont have that you can tap into the dome lights at some point.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Freeway, you must forget your name a lot. First the name on the calipers, now this.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have it on my steering wheel and tailgate...the replace "FORD"...next my rims will say it...lol...seriously...I just have to put them on

FLAWLEZZ RYDERZ VP VA 757 Chapter

OP
OP
R

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They're the official Ford ones. No instructions, just the plates, the LED wiring, zip ties and alcohol wipes to clean the plastic sills off for installation

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hmm, the closest connection would either be maybe the running board lights( not all trucks have them and i cant remember where the wires go) or intercepting the wire coming out of the fuse box which i tried and failed at. I wanted to over ride the lights via switch. I am trying to recall what was all under the dash when i took it apart.

OP
OP
R

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got an answer on the12volt.com. Here it is.There are no courtesy lamps in the door anymore.

Both of these are Positive polarity and located at the SJB in the passenger kick Panel

Dome Lights: Gray/purple - Gray 14 pin plug(A)- pin 9
Puddle Lamps: Purple - Gray 26 pin plug(C) - Pin 12

Puddle lights won't come on if the car is running and a door is opened.

jstrut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got an answer on the12volt.com. Here it is.There are no courtesy lamps in the door anymore.

Both of these are Positive polarity and located at the SJB in the passenger kick Panel

Dome Lights: Gray/purple - Gray 14 pin plug(A)- pin 9
Puddle Lamps: Purple - Gray 26 pin plug(C) - Pin 12

Puddle lights won't come on if the car is running and a door is opened.

My vote is for dome lights. I dont know about you but it would bother me if I hooked it up a way that was easy knowing it could have been better another way.

OP
OP
R

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, I'm putting them on the dome light circuit. I thought about finding the circuit for the powered running boards. But the domes make more sense.