in need of an electrical schematic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White03Expe

Reaction score
i'm installing a rear view camera in my 03 eb expedition but need to find which wires to connect to. after searching for similar posts, all i came up with is the black/pink wire for the reverse connection by the driver's kick panel.

i need to connect to a power source for the camera by the rear license plate area. the 7" wide screen mounts to the rear view mirror, which has wires for the reverse connection, battery, ground, and 2 video inputs. i plan on tapping into the stock dvd player for the second vid input.

basically, i'm looking for a tap into a power source in the rear hatch and a power source in the front. thanks in advance for any help.

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Tap into your reverse tailight wire at the rear of the vehicle for the power, so when you put it in reverse you have the camera on only when you are backing up. Thats normally how it done.

corlon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
pm me your email address and i can send diagrams to you.

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, the wire still the same color for the left and right at the rear. I have enclosed a wiring diagram and this should help you out.

Attachments

• img012.jpg
    img012.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 206
OP
OP
W

White03Expe

Reaction score
thanks again for the help, corvette.

now i have a second issue. is there any way to tap into the factory dvd player? the monitor has 2 rca vid inputs. is there a way to get an rca vid output from the factory dvd player? the only stock rca jacks on the dvd player are for vid and audio inputs.

thanks for any help.

corvettej

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry, there is only seems to be sound that is wired out for left and right signal.