In praise of my BFG KO2 tires...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You went way, way off the reservation again. :D Nonetheless, I am a very frugal person so I get it. I tend to go for what I perceive to be the best value in a given market rather than the cheapest, but I'm obsessive about saving as much as possible. Prices of goods have gone up far, far more than income has, so I don't consider it acceptable either. Nonetheless, it is what it is and we have little control over it outside of shopping as frugally as we can.
I always go off of it.I don't even live on the reservation. Lol The other night I had a different forum kick my post out because it exceeded the character limit. Care to guess what character limit is? Wonder if this forum has a character limit?? Challenges hmmm.

Anyways, what you said about it is what it is is true for the current time but sometimes I feel we is a consumer cool play into things and I giving in too easily we allow a current increase pricing Trend to become the norm. Look at my example on TVs, they could have kept prices exactly where they were in the 80s and we would be happy to get larger screen thinner lighter TVs with better pictures then we had back then. We wouldn't even know that they could sell us these TVs for 200 to $300.

But then you have other things like trendy electronic devices manly cell phones and then Firearms where they charge many times over what they have in production. They work on a huge profit margin with multiple people marking the price often.
Firearms are getting a lot better I will say. Competition has driven the price down to record lows and the record keeps dropping. I actually just saw my first Glock on sale for 399. That is a bargain for a Glock. Big Lots first came on the market back in the late 80s early 90s the best you could get a Glock 19 for was 459.
They have been right around $500 at least on sale for 499 for a long time now. So back to my point and everything goes up. But the simple rules I mentioned earlier of the numbers... Firearms manufacturers are selling so many more firearms in the past 20 years than they did in the previous 20 or 40 years that just by numbers alone they don't need to make as much of each sale. The sales just keep coming and coming.
So it kind of frustrates me that I everything works by the same rules and theories.
No, we can't change it insulate or just for ourselves but I refuse to buy the $0.60 oranges!
I refuse to buy those overpriced tires but occasionally I will get a good deal on a vehicle and have extra money in my pocket over what I was expecting to pay for it or the seller comes down so I will bite the bullet and buy some good ones and I am like you very frugal. I will shop and get the absolute best price and value I can.
For instance, and I forgot about this when I made my post about haven't bought a new tires in a long time... I recently bought a super clean Navigator with low miles. I got it for a few hundred less than what I was willing to pay and the tires are pretty much shot on it. Only one had perfect red but it was an original spare that they had put on the vehicle and it was old and had some check ring on it so not a tie you want to run all the time.
I found me some Michelin LTX MS which are very expensive tires off and pushing $200 a piece online for $104 each shipped to my door. That's a deal for those tires. So even though it frustrates me to pay $100 for something that's Rubber and runs around the ground gets dirty and where is out, I was saving about 65 to 80 bucks per tire.
But mostly I'm just scrounging around for old used sub $40 tires or freebies that my friends gave me when people go in and buy all four new tires when they really only needed to or something like that but they have the money to spend.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My goal though is to ***** about things enough and to bring awareness and maybe get a few other people on my bandwagon of cheapness. If we can get enough support then maybe some retailer or producer will take notice. Maybe not, but it makes me feel better.
Some people care about Humanity, human rights, the environment, our future. All I care about is my bottom dollar low prices and top companies following the rules they've already established.

old codger

Reaction score
I have the 22" rims with the pirelli run flat tires. I was looking for a replacement but the michelins do not have the load rating of the pirelli tires. It came with 285x45x22. Anyone know of a replacement tire than would last and is comfortable to ride. I guess it is possible Ford sacrificed comfort for load rating with these tires. The Michelin Defender does not have the load rating but I have not been towing anything heavy.

2010ELExpy4x4

Reaction score
Love the Cooper ATP's, am currently running them on my F250 and will be putting them on the Expedition when the time comes.
Have run BFG's before they don't compare to the ATP's anywhere (my opinion of course) BFG's chunk easier in rocky situations (Big Bear Ca area), haven't lost a bit of the ATP's and they do better in the Ca desert sand. And they are less pricey than the BFG's.
Have had the ATP's for three years, drive the truck everyday (rotate them regularly) and to the desert (260 round trip) as often as possible and they still look great. Again just my opinion.

OP
OP
Muddy Bean

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those are my old tires. Still haven’t gotten around to replacing them with my new ones yet. On the road a little too much at the moment.

The coopers look nice to me, 0d52d949ea188a1411f1d9b044559f34.jpgbut I just can’t help to continue to run a tire that I’ve had on multiple vehicles and proven itself in the absolute harshest of conditions. It’s a BAJA champion tire and a lot of competition trucks use it. I love my BFG’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro