Installed remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed a remote start after work this evening. Was very easy except that I watched the programming part on video from the place I got it. I spent over half an hour trying it the way the video said. I re-read the instructions and it programmed right away.
I got it from warm car now. Pre-programmed for my expy and could be installed in 15 minutes if I had to do it again. Just hit lock 3 times on the factory key fob and fires up. I can open the door without it shutting off as well. I just wish the horn wouldn't beep when starting it that way. I'm sure to annoy my neighbors with it.

Any ideas on how to disable the horn when hitting lock on the fob?

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed a remote start after work this evening. Was very easy except that I watched the programming part on video from the place I got it. I spent over half an hour trying it the way the video said. I re-read the instructions and it programmed right away.
I got it from warm car now. Pre-programmed for my expy and could be installed in 15 minutes if I had to do it again. Just hit lock 3 times on the factory key fob and fires up. I can open the door without it shutting off as well. I just wish the horn wouldn't beep when starting it that way. I'm sure to annoy my neighbors with it.

Any ideas on how to disable the horn when hitting lock on the fob?
I'm assuming that you are talking about your '11. Are you saying it's the confirmation beep when you double press the lock button on the key fob? I am not sure if that is something you can disable using FORScan or if there is a setting you can change to cancel the horn chirp.

OP
OP

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's the confirmation beep. It's not that big of deal. It gets parked in the garage at night anyway.

bsevans5

Reaction score
what kind of remote start is it? I've thought about installing one, but all the systems I've looked at are aftermarket and seem like they would be a pain to install to bypass the PATS system

bear1butt1

Reaction score
I would like more info on this auto start!! Please send more info! Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

David1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it is the OEM 100 series system the horn is disable in bank 2 option 6 Led off

Attachments

• Ford Programming Instructions.pdf
    61.3 KB · Views: 2

willalex09

Reaction score
I put the this exact same kit in my '10 last month. If he is out of stock, give him a call and he will update the QTY right then and there. Really nice guy. Took about a week to ship and twice as long to disassemble the truck then it does to install the remote start.