Instrument cluster display stuck on trailer info after towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Exp with factory tow package and brake controller. After towing a trailer recently with a 7-pin harness and brake controller, the info display in the instrument cluster is "stuck" on the trailer readout. Nothing I do can get it off that screen. I've tried all the buttons and even combination of buttons. It will change if I put the transmission in TOW/HAUL mode, but then the screen goes completely blank and gets stuck there.

I've had this happen a few times before (only with a brake controlled trailer) but on previous occasions it either corrected itself or I was able to fix it by re-connecting and disconnecting the trailer. Anyway, this time it seems very stuck.

Anyone seen this before? Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1500-899-max.jpg
    1500-899-max.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 4

Toy4xchris

Reaction score
There is a TSB where Ford will reset it. I forgot the Number for it but recently had to have it done. So far no issues after getting it done.

OP
OP
mr_dave

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, I will look into that. In the meantime I was able to get it back to a normal state by disconnecting the battery for 15min.