Interest in 2014 working oil pressure gauge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k-bl

Reaction score
Is there anyone interested in this? Since the stock pressure gauge is simply a switch, it would be a very ideal upgrade.

bodabdan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You could replace the factory switch with an aftermarket sensor for a gauge, but you would have a constant oil pressure warning if you didn't terminate the factory wires.

You could install a T fitting, keep the factory switch and add the aftermarket gauge/sending unit.

You could replace the factory 7 psi switch with a 20 psi switch so you would know sooner if you had an issue.

You could add a gauge and sending unit on the oil gallery port on rear of the head.

Pros and cons to all of these options, be it cost, complexity, reliability, or ease of installation.

OP
OP
k-bl

k-bl

Reaction score
That 20 psi switch is a fantastic idea. Do you know of such a switch that would directly fit? Wow what a seemingly easy upgrade!

OP
OP
k-bl

k-bl

Reaction score
I know mine after a Melling high volume is 38.5psi.

OP
OP
k-bl

k-bl

Reaction score
I looked on Amazon and didn't see anything specific that jumped out to me.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you are going to put a Tee in the line going to the current oil pressure sender / switch and add an Autometer sender feeding an Autometer gauge in the housing shown? Sounds like a plan.