iPhone won't connect with Sync

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamhollyb

Reaction score
I've had my 2014 King Ranch Expedition XL since November 2015 and have had no problems whatsoever. I love the thing. Have put over 30,000 miles on it since getting it.

But last week the thing quit finding my iPhone 6S!! It's driving me nuts. I've done the resets that are available on the touch screen and even called the Ford help line. The lady was nice and had me do a master reset, but my phone still shows on the list. Every other device (husband's phone, daughter's iPod) has gone away, but mine won't. I've "forgotten" Sync on my phone and then reconnected, only to have it disconnect and get the message on the screen, "No paired phones found" over and over.

Has anyone else had this problem? With my mileage (over 45,000), the Ford house said the diagnostic would be $115. Or I could disconnect the black wire from my battery and see if that fixes the problem. I tried adding my daughter's phone, and it did with no problem. I'm not a phone guru...I wonder if the problem is my phone since hers connected? But how to delete my phone and try to add it again??

Help?!?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The master reset is supposed to delete all user entered information per the manual. Since tge one phone still shows up the reset wasn't complete. Try the reset again or multiple times. Worse case scenario would be to disconnect the battery. The only thing is you don't know long to leave it disconnected - I would let it sit disconnected overnight and reconnect in the morning.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If your phone is still actively paired when you do the reset the older Sync systems would sometimes not clear all devices. Try turning BT off on our phone, and then do a Master Reset.

Is you sync at the most current revision that it can be? Our 2015 had issues, until I updated it to the most current version per the Ford Owner Sync site.

OP
OP
I

iamhollyb

Reaction score
Got it fixed. My dad came by and disconnected the black cable from the battery for about 5 minutes and when he reconnected it, it worked again. Go figure.