Is all the "fuel saving" tech really worth it in the long run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What do you mean by "standard temperature"?

http://www.iapws.org/faq1/boil.html
Sorry, lost my mind in my rambling for a second with everything having standard pressure and temperature after it. Water wouldn't need that for bowling since the temperature is already stated.
I was stuck in the 22.4 l with my mind jumping over to 32 ATP from one complete cycle of the Krebs citric acid cycle.
Then somewhere there was negative B plus or minus the square root..........

OP
OP
762mm

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All Conspiracy Theories aside, the one situation that seems "concerning" to me … and I don't know what the implications are going to be down the road …. is atmospheric carbon dioxide levels. This is a graph going back 1000 years or so, looks bad.

Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is nothing new. Volcanic activity, which is also cyclical, has a tendency to spike it quite a bit every once in a while. Most volcanoes are under water, so we can't even see them. They say that if another super volcano blew up, it would amount do decades of what the human civilization can produce in terms of CO2... and yet the Earth and life on it have survived thousands of such events - some of them much worse even.

Besides, there's one good thing about more CO2, which no one can deny: it feeds plant life, which require it to live and thrive as much as animals require oxygen (which plants produce in return). In sum, there will be balance in the end.

In the cosmos of time, this tiny spike means nothing and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Plati

Reaction score
Carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is nothing new. Volcanic activity, which is also cyclical, has a tendency to spike it quite a bit every once in a while. Most volcanoes are under water, so we can't even see them. They say that if another super volcano blew up, it would amount do decades of what the human civilization can produce in terms of CO2... and yet the Earth and life on it have survived thousands of such events - some of them much worse even.

Besides, there's one good thing about more CO2, which no one can deny: it feeds plant life, which require it to live and thrive as much as animals require oxygen (which plants produce in return). In sum, there will be balance in the end.

In the cosmos of time, this tiny spike means nothing and I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
I'm not losing ANY sleep believe me.
But you are truly in denial.
There hasn't been a spike like this in 800,000 years … at least.

But since you told me its OK, it must be fine.
I believe everything I read on the internet

Plati

Reaction score
Sorry, lost my mind in my rambling for a second with everything having standard pressure and temperature after it. Water wouldn't need that for bowling since the temperature is already stated.
I was stuck in the 22.4 l with my mind jumping over to 32 ATP from one complete cycle of the Krebs citric acid cycle.
Then somewhere there was negative B plus or minus the square root..........
Orange you glad you know about the citric acid cycle?

At what temperature does water boil in a complete vacuum?

OP
OP
762mm

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not losing ANY sleep believe me.
But you are truly in denial.
There hasn't been a spike like this in 800,000 years … at least.

But since you told me its OK, it must be fine.
I believe everything I read on the internet

Says who?

65,000,000+ years ago when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, CO2 levels were off the charts... and yet life still carried on great till an asteroid wiped most of them out. The Earth's oceans didn't boil off due to a "runaway greenhouse gas effect" either.

But you are right, it's impeding doom and gloom because of some extra CO2 in the air in 2019 AD. Let's all jump off a cliff right now to prevent the suffering we are all surely facing in 12 years, lol.

:hidesbehindsofa:

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Says who?

65,000,000+ years ago when dinosaurs roamed the Earth, CO2 levels were off the charts... and yet life still carried on great till an asteroid wiped most of them out. The Earth's oceans didn't boil off due to a "runaway greenhouse gas effect" either.

But you are right, it's impeding doom and gloom because of some extra CO2 in the air in 2019 AD. Let's all jump off a cliff right now to prevent the suffering we are all surely facing in 12 years, lol.

:hidesbehindsofa:

Why do you push so hard to defend globalist billionaires push to poison the only earth we have unchecked in order to drive short term profit?

Who’s the real shill...

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score

A slickly edited YouTube clip vs thousands of scientists with peer reviewed research.

Well. I’m convinced.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Orange you glad you know about the citric acid cycle?

At what temperature does water boil in a complete vacuum?

That's a loaded question. Complete vacuum it would freeze solid or already be frozen.
The temp it boils at lowers as you increase vacuum but hard to get to complete vacuum.

I love to put vacuum pump on jar and show people the water is boiling.

Was always hard to understand that R-12 Freon's boiling point was way below zero.
That's why they work so well as refrigerant.
I've been sucking on R-12 since I was less than a teen when it was $.88 a can on a full end cap of it at K-mart.
30lb jugs of Genetron R22 for under $10
The VERY good old days.

Last edited:

Plati

Reaction score
That's a loaded question. Complete vacuum it would freeze solid or already be frozen.
The temp if boils at lowers as you increase vacuum but hard to get to complete vacuum.

I love to put vacuum pump on far and show people the water is boiling.

Was always hard to understand that R-12 Freon's boiling point was way below zero.
That's why they work so well as refrigerant.
I've been sucking on R-12 since I was less than a teen when it was $.88 a can on a full end cap of it at K-mart.
30lb jugs of Genetron R22 for under $10
The VERY good old days.
Freezing is unrelated to pressure, solely a temperature thing?
Good point about "hard to get to complete vacuum", with water there. I'm sure you could come close though and the water would boil as long as it was liquid -- above 32F. Any lower temp would freeze. My opinion. I could test it and then might be considered a fact?

what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Last edited: