issue with no cruise control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I will pass on anything I think might help. ask for any other info you need.
no cruise, no dash light, no bad fuses, good control servo. (hasn't worked since I bought it)

99 expy, EB 140k miles, mach system, cruise buttons on wheel (yes they light with the lights), air ride has been replaced with coils, there is no pedal mounted switch, all the wires on the column seem to be attached properly.

what can I do? I miss cruise control

BigSuV

Reaction score
Ford recalled all cruise controls for the 96 and up body style of f-150s and Expys. I took mine to the dealer and it was fixed at no cost.

tmajikman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ford recalled all cruise controls for the 96 and up body style of f-150s and Expys. I took mine to the dealer and it was fixed at no cost.

But that was due to a safety issue because of a potential fire hazard, hopefully the recall will cover it.

It could be a bad ground, have you disconnected the battery, pulled the airbag and checked for continuity threw the steering wheel buttons to where they are suppose to go?

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks a bunch guys. After running my way around some the wires (after being told they were all "In perfect working order") I found that the master cylinder mounted cruise control switch; while fitted correctly in the master cylinder, was not plugged in to the rest of the cruise control system.

now it works great! and I've already gained .2 MPG.

thanks for the advice guys.