Issues with Sync and iPhone after IOS 11 update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lwlittle

Reaction score
It appears after updating my iPhone to IOS 11 that my address book is not properly loading into my 2013 Expedition. Only entries starting with every 3rd letter in being loaded. That is A,D,G and so on. As a result I can;t use hands free calling on the majority of my address book. I contacted Sync support and they say this is an Apple issue. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There has been threads on this with a resolution....you might need to replace the little USB interlock with a different one but if you do a search, you should find the threads.

jeff

OP
OP
L

Lwlittle

Reaction score
I have searched and couldn't find anything. I would think Ford Sync support would know if there was a resolution. What do you mean by USB interlock. This is a Sync address book load issue.

ElliottM

Reaction score
I haven't noticed if I have the same problem with the address book, but I do know that the IOS update broke my ability to use Siri voice commands to send a text in the Expy. I rely on using voice commands to text, and this is very frustrating.

OP
OP
L

Lwlittle

Reaction score
tripped across another annoying issue after upgrade to 4.6. If I go to Bluetooth Audio to play music on my iPhone, Sync automatically turns on REPEAT. Used to have a phrase that applies to this software upgrade: "advancing sideways to the rear"