It's finally done!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

Breezyjr

Reaction score
Oh, you can't expect me to answer that, now can you?
I'm sure you all have a good idea that it was not a cheap.

breezyjr

thereason21

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was hopin for at least a ball park figure ... no big deal ... it cost more than i can afford to spend ... but i like it

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you want an estimate on your torque check the specs on the supercharged mustangs with the 5.4 because they say they make 500hp. Although chances are that is at the crank, could check anyways.

OP
OP
B

Breezyjr

Reaction score
Thereason21... If you want a ballpark on total cost, with equipment and install of every single thing you see in the truck...
North of $50k....

And, a great deal of that was on the custom work. The labor hours for my latest install was over 600 hours. And, that doesn't include the previous install. As I added, and changed some things to try to make it more Sound Quality competition Worthy. The supercharger was for my own fun.... And boy what fun that has been... yee haw. And, the kids love it too, as I am now asked all the time to "Go fast dad!" Followed shortly by a bunch of, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh's!!!!!!!" Kinda makes feel like a kid again!

AvroAero: My 500HP is at the engine as well. 390 or something at the wheels.

Hey, I just noticed your from Toronto! Go by and talk to the guys at DeSalvia Racing in Scarborough. That's where I had my Dyno tune done. Great guys. And, if you go soon, and ask for Diego, he will definately remember me, since they stayed almost 2 hours over to get me on the road.
And, Keith Losier From the AutoDream Group in Niagara Falls, Ca did the install...

good guy. Awesome shop. If you get the chance, just go in and ask for keith, and tell him I told you to give you a tour... Trust me, he will remember me for a long time. Really you should go in and tell him you want a Vortech sc for your expy... see if he doesn't cringe just a little bit.... (not the right tuner...) heh

later,
breezyjr

Last edited:

dubedition2003

Reaction score
Hey wat's up Breezy, I was looking through your photobuckets picture and noticed that you have the headlights that I also wanted.

Just got a couple questions on those; what type of bulbs is the low beams and also are their any splicing to do with the upper part of the headlights?

I wanted to get those in chrome housing but did not want to use H1 bulbs because I'm not big on H1 bulbs. And did not want to splice up any wires.

OP
OP
B

Breezyjr

Reaction score
Bad news man....
H1 bulb. There is some splicing, but the kit included the little thingymabob to connect to side markers, little clamp like thingy... So you don't have to cut away any wire, Just twist a few together, put them in the thingymabob, and squeeze it together with the side marker. The most difficult part was making the right connection... as you may know there is a "blinker" connection, and the always on connection for the side marker. A little voltameter will do ya fine.... and I'm not technically inclined.

One bit of warning.... The headlights are a POS>.. You can't see the halo during the day, and the light dispersion for the lowbeams is terrible... too low on one side, and fine on another. Maybe there is an adjustment, but I don't really think so. Just something to think about.

I'm actually thinking about upgrading to the HID, and don't recall the site, but if you google HID halo projector expedition you'll probably find it. Similar replacement headlight, but only one halo, and the nice part is, you order the headlights, and the company makes sure you get the right HID kit. More expensive, but hopefully worth it.

If I find the site, I'll send you a PM.

dubedition2003

Reaction score
Thanks Breezy,

I will probably stick with the OEM headlights, they're pretty nice looking as it is. Also If you're looking into regular HID kits try www.xenondepot.com a co-worker of mine bought it and it was perfectly fine.

It's bright but not blinding to others who drive in front of him.

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow XenonDepot is freakin expensive. I just got my kit in the mail i bought off of ebay for 130 bucks shipped. Just type in Expedition HID and there will be a ton of item for sale. I bought the 10,000k for the whiteish blue tint. the company that makes them is in china....hopefully its not covered in lead paint, i'll have to resist the urge to chew on my lightbulbs haha

I havent installed them in my truck yet, but my friend has them in his 01 f150 and they work great and look amazing. should be installing them this weekend and will let you know how they look.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by Breezyjr
Thereason21... If you want a ballpark on total cost, with equipment and install of every single thing you see in the truck...
North of $50k....

And, a great deal of that was on the custom work. The labor hours for my latest install was over 600 hours. And, that doesn't include the previous install. As I added, and changed some things to try to make it more Sound Quality competition Worthy. The supercharger was for my own fun.... And boy what fun that has been... yee haw. And, the kids love it too, as I am now asked all the time to "Go fast dad!" Followed shortly by a bunch of, "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh's!!!!!!!" Kinda makes feel like a kid again!

AvroAero: My 500HP is at the engine as well. 390 or something at the wheels.

Hey, I just noticed your from Toronto! Go by and talk to the guys at DeSalvia Racing in Scarborough. That's where I had my Dyno tune done. Great guys. And, if you go soon, and ask for Diego, he will definately remember me, since they stayed almost 2 hours over to get me on the road.
And, Keith Losier From the AutoDream Group in Niagara Falls, Ca did the install...

good guy. Awesome shop. If you get the chance, just go in and ask for keith, and tell him I told you to give you a tour... Trust me, he will remember me for a long time. Really you should go in and tell him you want a Vortech sc for your expy... see if he doesn't cringe just a little bit.... (not the right tuner...) heh

later,
breezyjr

Oh thanks! I've been trying to find a dyno in my area for when I get my PSD. Why'd you come to scarborough for a tune anyways? BTW is that spelt right because I can't bring anything up on 411.

Last edited: