just cut coil springs on my 04 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigmekanik81

Reaction score
i am pleased to tell you i have a nice drop for free since i decided to cut stock coil springs instead of getting a lame drop from eibachs kit. i cut one coil off each strut and could prolly go an extra .5 coil...but im happy with it. ride is still good not as bad as i thought the ride would be.

OP
OP
bigmekanik81

bigmekanik81

Reaction score
Here it is just have to wait til snow quits flying so I can fit the 20s and see how much
To trim off my springs

Attachments

• 20120211_210405.jpg
    20120211_210405.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 513

ExpeditionDrew

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well it looks like i might have found my first mod....but couldnt you of just heated them up till they went down to the hight you wanted or is cutting them better..

OP
OP
bigmekanik81

bigmekanik81

Reaction score
The gap between tire and lip of fender is 3 fingers front n back...the measurement is 18.5" front n back from center of hub to lip of fender...I forgot to measure before so I don't know exact amount of drop....so if someone has that figure on a stock 4x4 expy from hub to fender I would like to know

OP
OP
bigmekanik81

bigmekanik81

Reaction score
Yeah don't heat up...it would be easier...but very dangerous. It requires more tools and a strut spring compressor to cut them.