Just installed my Halo's!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SPreston2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by 4x4Dude
Ya my headlamps say to not use hid's and mine have been in almost a year now with no problems. I'm still trying to figure out how to install my halo fog lights lol My poor truck has had a foglight black eye for months now :(

Ok I have a question about installing a HID kit with these headlamps. Ok you know how these use a H3 bulb for the headlights, so how would you go about installing the HID bulb inside the housing? Did you have to buy a H3 HID kit? If for any reason you ever pull your headlights, could you snap a pic of the HID kit and wiring to give me a better idea of the install?

Last edited:

MadTxn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, you need the H3 kit. I would also recommend getting the relay that powers them from the battery directly. the bulbs *should* be a direct drop in, but mine required a little finesse to get them in.

OP
OP
S

SPreston2001

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks MadTxn, any advice on where I should purchase the kit from? I've seen them all over Ebay but im not sure who's selling quality kits. Thanks

Last edited:

4x4Dude

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I really think it all depends on where you live weather wise lol I've had mine for almost a year now without a single problem. Others have purchased the same ones i bought but had to replace bulbs like crazy due to certain weather conditions. I believe the seller i used on ebay was xenondepot

It was a pretty straight forward install...the hardest part is finding a place to install and mount the ballast. after that it's just running the wire to the headlight :) good luck!

MadTxn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought mine from Xenonexpert. This is the 2nd set I've gotten from them (not on the same car) and i've been pretty happy.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking about getting some HID's but since the LED's only come on and blink when the turn signal is activated you hardly notice the headlamp doesnt match the LED's.

so do you suggest wiring to the turn signal? i currently have mine wired to the main light...

is there anything wrong with taking all 3 grounds and all 3 positive wires and crimping them together?

think i'll splice to the turn signal so i can floss when the sun starts to go down...mine are very bright though....did i do something wrong?