Just joined the Expedition Empire...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shoro60

Reaction score
Good Day All.

Former Chevy guy here that took a chance on an 2004 F-150 XLT 5.4L V8 4WD and fell in love with Fords. The truck was recently totaled, so I decided to go for an Expedition as I loved the drive train in my truck and the SUV has basically the same specs. The Expedition will serve the family much better on road trips. I will most likely pick everyone's brain more than contribute, but I will definitely share when I can actually do some good. Thank you in advance and I will post pictures when I finish cleaning it.

OP
OP
S

shoro60

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcoming words. I will post some pics tomorrow after I get off. I plan to post pictures as I customize it.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good Day All.

Former Chevy guy here that took a chance on an 2004 F-150 XLT 5.4L V8 4WD and fell in love with Fords. The truck was recently totaled, so I decided to go for an Expedition as I loved the drive train in my truck and the SUV has basically the same specs. The Expedition will serve the family much better on road trips. I will most likely pick everyone's brain more than contribute, but I will definitely share when I can actually do some good. Thank you in advance and I will post pictures when I finish cleaning it.

Welcome to the forum. It looks good. Plans to mod a few things or just leave it as it is?

OP
OP
S

shoro60

Reaction score
Transporter, thanks it really is pretty decent. It has a fair amount of rocker rust, but I was quoted a fair price for repair.

Shaggy, I plan to slowly do some mods on it such as either painting or plasti-dipping the cladding, change out the tires to something a little more aggressive, changing out the step bars, maybe going with a lift kit, installing a roof mounted spare tire rack and changing out the lights. I even thought about wrapping her in gun metal gray vinyl as well.