Just purchased 23 platinum. General questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fla904

Reaction score
So I just traded my 18 f-150 platinum for a 23 expedition platinum. This is my first expedition and have some questions. I had a 2.5inch level and 35.12.50.20 ridge grapplers on the f-150 and I would like to run 35s and a level on the expedition as well, what all needs to be done in order to accomplish that? I have the 22inch stock wheels. Needed a suv as we have another child on the way and will need the seating space, but I am sure gonna miss my truck. Will these things tow similar to the f-150? I routinely tow a 5k lb travel trailer from north fl to Tennessee and tow a skiff weekly. What can I expect? Decided to go with the expedition over the competition (Yukon,Tahoe,suburban) because I felt like the interior was much nicer than what was out there. Only complaint is no massaging seats because of “chip shortages” at these price tiers I’d expect allllll the bells and whistles. Anyone here have first hand experience with a 4th gen leveling kits and 35s?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5k will be a breeze for that truck! The tongue weight will likely be below the threshold for weight distribution, but if it sags a lot that’ll be the solution for you. I doubt you’ll need it though, welcome!

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I just traded my 18 f-150 platinum for a 23 expedition platinum. This is my first expedition and have some questions. I had a 2.5inch level and 35.12.50.20 ridge grapplers on the f-150 and I would like to run 35s and a level on the expedition as well, what all needs to be done in order to accomplish that? I have the 22inch stock wheels. Needed a suv as we have another child on the way and will need the seating space, but I am sure gonna miss my truck. Will these things tow similar to the f-150? I routinely tow a 5k lb travel trailer from north fl to Tennessee and tow a skiff weekly. What can I expect? Decided to go with the expedition over the competition (Yukon,Tahoe,suburban) because I felt like the interior was much nicer than what was out there. Only complaint is no massaging seats because of “chip shortages” at these price tiers I’d expect allllll the bells and whistles. Anyone here have first hand experience with a 4th gen leveling kits and 35s?
Agree with @JExpedition07 5k is easy. Check our readylift.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you get the HD Tow pkg?

funduty

Reaction score
I’m in the boat as you. long story but went from a 250 to 150 while waiting for this. From what I’m seeing the ready lift kit will work with our platinums and ccd. I’m not ready to lift, but just put my switch pro in and plotting where to add some amber and white spots for the front.

Haven’t towed yet but mine is hd tow and 3.73. I know it’s ready much different ride. I can see it in the mileage. Haha. But after 2 weeks in it, we love it and kids sleep easy with ceramic tint. Have about 200 miles on blue cruise too.

Will be towing about similar weight but built for more as we used to have a 32’ imagine. This would have towed it locally but not much further. Nor would the 150. Same motor but refined.

It’s a beast and much easier to drive. Enjoy it. Only reason we ordered the platinum was for the seats as we got spoiled in the 19 250. wound up with a lemon explorer ST (with massaging seats), 16 f150 (massaging seats), and now with the 22 Expy we originally ordered with massaging seats but due to delays we don’t have them, and a 16 edge we just found for a great deal.

Miss the seats, but the ride is amazing. and space is more than the 150. Not looking back and enjoying! But will watch your updates. We have a max in forged green, just blacked out the ovals front and back. Working on hardwiring dash cam, air compressor and some random things.

OP
OP
F

fla904

Reaction score
I’m in the boat as you. long story but went from a 250 to 150 while waiting for this. From what I’m seeing the ready lift kit will work with our platinums and ccd. I’m not ready to lift, but just put my switch pro in and plotting where to add some amber and white spots for the front.

Haven’t towed yet but mine is hd tow and 3.73. I know it’s ready much different ride. I can see it in the mileage. Haha. But after 2 weeks in it, we love it and kids sleep easy with ceramic tint. Have about 200 miles on blue cruise too.

Will be towing about similar weight but built for more as we used to have a 32’ imagine. This would have towed it locally but not much further. Nor would the 150. Same motor but refined.

It’s a beast and much easier to drive. Enjoy it. Only reason we ordered the platinum was for the seats as we got spoiled in the 19 250. wound up with a lemon explorer ST (with massaging seats), 16 f150 (massaging seats), and now with the 22 Expy we originally ordered with massaging seats but due to delays we don’t have them, and a 16 edge we just found for a great deal.

Miss the seats, but the ride is amazing. and space is more than the 150. Not looking back and enjoying! But will watch your updates. We have a max in forged green, just blacked out the ovals front and back. Working on hardwiring dash cam, air compressor and some random things.
Sweet! Just towed for the first time from Jacksonville to Hilton head. Got about 8mpg doing 70-75 which is the same as my f-150 got. Only complaint is the smaller fuel tank we have to fuel up more often now. But the drive, ride, and more space make it worth it. I ordered the ready lift and will be installed on Friday so will give y’all an update when I get that put on. 35s coming shortly after.

JCam11

Reaction score
Did you sit in the Platinum drivers seat without the massaing seats? We thought we would get the Platinum but luckily we test drove one and the driver and passenger seats were SO UNCOMFORTABLE. Both myself and Husband felt lower back pain almost immediately in our 20 minute test drive. We ended up ordering a Limited instead.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We thought we would get the Platinum but luckily we test drove one and the driver and passenger seats were SO UNCOMFORTABLE. Both myself and Husband felt lower back pain almost immediately in our 20 minute test drive.
Did you try adjusting the lumbar adjustment in the Platinum seats? You can adjust it to fit the contour of your lower back and it makes a huge difference; I can easily get lower back pain in uncomfortable chairs, but the Platinum seats are perfectly comfortable for me.