Key made ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexEx

Reaction score
I lost my one & only key to my 05 exp. I do have a mechanical key to unlock, what should I do or can I do to have a new key programed ? Thx

David E

Reaction score
You can always get a set of keys with transponders and remotes from Ebay (they come pretty fast and look great) Amazon might be an option too. You can bring those and your metal key (assuming it works in the ignition as well) to any locksmith store and for around $12 they will cut it for you. (both keys). Then use FORScan to encode the transponder to the car. Look online how to sync the remote (with the switch on and off sequence)
Should work great from there, Always keep and extra cheaply made metal key around for just this case (those can be done in any home-depot for a few $$$)

PS. Some home depot would also cut your transponder key if the person is nice and not scared to get in trouble. (that is usually done for free!!)

Good luck.

OP
OP
T

TexEx

Reaction score
Yes my mechanical key does turn the Ignition and the Ignition as well so I'm good there but I was wondering if any locksmith can cut those keys ? I appreciate the fast response

OP
OP
T

TexEx

Reaction score
You can always get a set of keys with transponders and remotes from Ebay (they come pretty fast and look great) Amazon might be an option too. You can bring those and your metal key (assuming it works in the ignition as well) to any locksmith store and for around $12 they will cut it for you. (both keys). Then use FORScan to encode the transponder to the car. Look online how to sync the remote (with the switch on and off sequence)
Should work great from there, Always keep and extra cheaply made metal key around for just this case (those can be done in any home-depot for a few $$$)

PS. Some home depot would also cut your transponder key if the person is nice and not scared to get in trouble. (that is usually done for free!!)

Good luck.
Can I get by with just purchasing the transponder keys and not the remote?