keyless entry programing & led lighting help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bspan27801

Reaction score
Hello All, I have a 2010 limited with remote factory/dealer installed remote start.

Ok... I know this has been posted before but my question I alittle different.

cycle key eight times, lock cycle, press button on fob to program and turn key off once done. I purchased this expy used with 61000 (after trading my 06 Eddie Baurer in) when I go into programing mode for the keyless entry not the remote start, when I press the buttons on the key fob, the horn will honk along with the locks cycling. I have never seen that before horn blowing. The original fob that came with the vehicle stays programed, but even thou the new keys honk the horn and cycle the locks once I turn the key off the locks cycle again but only the original fob works. Now I have programed lots of these in the past but never had the horn honk when in this mode. I am not sure if it is because of the remote start system which is a different key fob.

Another thing is I put led interior lights in and now my remote start doesn't work. Honks three times and wont start indicating I have a door open but I don't. Is it because of the led lights, I have notice at night a couple of the led little diodes are on very faintly. I remember reading some where I thought something had to do with it but I might be mistaken.

Thanks for your time, this is a great site and thanks to all that helps us out with these little problems. Brian

murray978

Reaction score
I have the same issue in my 14. I narrowed it down to the the drivers side dome light. If I leave the original bulb in there, the remote start works fine. If I put a LED bulb in, honk x3.

I am thinking of trying upgraded bulbs like these

Ford Expedition Premium LED Interior Lighting Package 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012

My original bulbs were amazon specials.

I love the look of the LED so might be worth it. I will update if/when I do it.