knocking noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hussam

Reaction score
I have ford expedition 2009 I start hearing knocking noise, it only happens when I am accelerating or going up a hill, the noise comes and goes, I have changed spark plugs, cleaned throttle body and cleaned the injectors but the noise still there, some body told me something about programming I don't know what.

OP
OP
H

hussam

Reaction score
do you mean high Octane gasoline ?

I used Gasoline 95 & 91 and nothing has changed, one thing I forget to tell ... the check engine light is on and according to the computer it is the O2 sensor and it says two sensor not one, so I am wondering could it be the Catalytic converter ???

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Is the oil pressure low or the level low ?

aboabdulrhman

Reaction score
Hi Hussam,
I have same issue exp08. AlJazirah Vehicles Agencies told me that they will charge me 500SAR (133$) for computer check and issue fix is not guaranteed!!!
Are you able to fix it?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
H

hussam

Reaction score
Problem Solved

Thanks guys for your help, my problem was solved, it was the FUEL PUMP but let me tell you how did I know it. At the first time the check engine light is on I took it to the dealer workshop and he check the codes and he said it is the Oxygen sensors and they clear the memory and the check engine is off, after few days it is on again the same code and I cleared the memory again. two days later it is on but this time the code was P0171 & P0174 that mean bank 1 & 2 is running lean at the same time we check the fuel pump performance and pressure, the pressure was less than the accepted rang by 6 psi, I had my doubts that 6 psi will not affect the performance, the code was cleared again, days later the check engine light is on the time it is the catalytic converter, so I decided to change the fuel pump, and thanks god the it was it.

aboabdulrhman

Reaction score
This is very helpful Hussam. I was expecting the same but in my case there is no engine light. Colud you please help me How to check the pump as no engine light. Where is the workshop that can do the pump check/replace in Riyadh.

OP
OP
H

hussam

Reaction score
Dear Aboabdulrahman, I searched a lot about this matter before I change the fuel pump, what I did understand that the new ford engine will have this knocking noise if there is any problem with the Fuel/air ratio, so I think you have to change your fuel filter first (mine does not have one) then go to any workshop and check the fuel pressure using the fuel pressure gauge many workshop has it, in my expedition 2009 it should not be less than 55 psi, if it is good then check for any air leakage, clean the injectors, clean MAF sensor, clean throttle body and check the COP ( coil on plug ) I beleive one of these would fix your problem.

aboabdulrhman

Reaction score
Thanx Hussam, I will do the same then I will update you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Funfetti