knocking/ticking coming from steering column?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

standardmoose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hey everyone
just wanted to see if anyone else had had this happen to them, when i turn my steering wheel when driving at slow speed or generally when i have to turn the steering wheel more than i woudl on the motorway, i get a click/knocking noise.

its not very loud, if you have much on you wouldnt really hear it, but i hear it all the time now as i look out for it.

it hasnt effected the handling or anything and at the moment it doesnt seem to be doing anything other than making a noise, it basically reminds me of my knee when it locks up and then clicks after i move it lol

but has anyone had this happen to there expy? or anyone know what it is? as i said it hasnt caused any driving problems yet

thanks
phill

RevHeat

Reaction score
Anybody figure this out yet? I saw another post where the dealer told the customer it was the tilt mechanism of the steering column. Any updates?

Thanks,

Rev

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody figure this out yet? I saw another post where the dealer told the customer it was the tilt mechanism of the steering column. Any updates?

Hey RevHeat,

Are you currently experiencing this concern? Let me know and I'll look into available options.

Todd

FordCustSrvc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi Todd - Yes, I sure am. I have a 2010 EL.

Thanks

You're welcome, RevHeat. I'd like to connect you with your regional customer service manager, who'll work with you and your dealer to come to a solution. Please send me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealership.

Todd

03dblcabtaco

Reaction score
Not to thread jack but my 2012 is doing the same thing. Column being replaced under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk