Knowledge please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

janrivera17

Reaction score
hello again, im new to the whole mechanic world, and ive always liked it as a hobby. ive done some stuff to my expedition and wanted to take it to the next level. this friday im going to replace the whole a/c system because my a/c had issues.

Also my brother has a 2003 mustang v6 convertible that doesnt run, but the car is completely stock not missing anything. are there parts or stuff i can take off of it to upgrade my 2000 expedition? Anything at all, i would like to start improving my expedition so i can enjoy it more. THanks guys/gals :)

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
The 2003 mustang v6 has nothing in common with the 5.4 or 4.6.

They are completely different generations of motor. Pushrod v6 vs overhead cam v8's.

OP
OP
janrivera17

janrivera17

Reaction score
thanks! i didnt just mean motor, i meant like ANYTHING i could steal off of his mustang lol he has in on blocks and its like intact so i told him im going to strip him of parts if i could use any.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Jan, unfortunately, not much that you can really use without getting into some serious cutting and modifying. About the only things that I could say you might be able to get away with is the radio, turn signal stalk, and that is about it. Can't even really use the seats because the Mustang has very low sitting seats where the Expys seats sit up some.

Even using the radio may be a bit of a challenge unless you have the wiring diagrams for both radios and can match up wire for wire through 2 harnesses butt spliced together. Don't go cheap and just cut the plug off of your factory radio. This will come back to bite you later.

OP
OP
janrivera17

janrivera17

Reaction score
thanks! yeah the mustang fell into a canal, and we are trying to preserve the motor, i completely dissembled the radio and cleaned all the CPUs and components, though i have very minimal hopes for it to ever work, i have to try it in another mustang ti see if it works. my radio wiring on my expedition is terrible. so many loose cables and its horrendous. I would like to clean up and replace much of the cables and if im at it, install the mustang 6 cd changer into the expy, right now it had install one of the cheap pioneers and i have aftermarket stuff like that, i like preserving the interior to factory style to make it look nicer.