Latest with my weird leaks and errors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dennis_H

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a leak that definitely looked like water pump, but it went away after 2 days. Then the crossover pipe leaked while I was monitoring it, for another 2 days. No more real leaks. Yesterday, there was Camshaft position sensor errors stored for both banks and a low charge warning. No MIL, just saw it in Forscan. Reset codes and didn't come back in 30 miles. Since we are going on a trip this weekend, I took it to my mechanic that I trust. Did a pressure test, and sure enough, found water pump and crossover pipe leaks. Checked the alternator, and I didn't tell him about the low charge error. Said it was charging at 13V. Probably original at 170K. So, I get a new water pump, remove the intake to get to the crossover pipe to change gaskets, new alternator, oil change since it's in there anyway and would be due after the trip.

Saw a youtube video about camshaft position sensors showing bad on a 3V because of an alternator starting to go out and causing a lot of AC noise on the circuit. Looks like that was what may have happened there. The engine sounds great and has no ticking or slap at 170K, but has had synthetic oil from birth and 5K oil changes. It's not pushed hard, so hopefully, I'm good for a year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition