leaking heater hose on coil pack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slick773

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just replaced mine. Part is like $50 whole assembly, I just had it changed at dealer took 15 min and they charged me $40. I was happy and still am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jdm5630

Reaction score
Thanks i will order replacement. Do you think its simple enough to replace yourself?

OP
OP
J

Jdm5630

Reaction score
Well nobody in town had the whole assembly and the T section completely broke. So i had the go to ford and purchased it for $80.00. I changed it myself. Not a hard job at all. The hardest part was getting the adapter from the old hose off againts the firewall. The clips are a pain to get to. The part has a longer hose that goes into the firewall so that the adapter is no longer needed.

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My '99 apparently leaked on my COP as well. That was my introduction to COP failures. A co-worker had it happen to her '01. Both of us were on trips when they failed. Nice to know they still haven't figured out a way to keep it from happening in the 3rd gen.

Keep an eye on the COP(s) that came in contact with the heater hose fluid. It has a tendency to eat through and kill 'em.

OP
OP
J

Jdm5630

Reaction score
Well i was able to get most of the fluid off with a rag. I hope they dont start failing i barely replaced all plugs and coil packs last year

OP
OP
J

Jdm5630

Reaction score
Just a quick update. I decided to remove coil packs and see if any fluid drained to the spark plug. Plugs 1-3 had fluid in them. So i cleaned them out and put everything back together