Learning something new after 12 years

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary Waugh

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Expedition that I purchased new in late 2007, have owned it 12 years covered 160+K miles and only had a water hose fail and a window mechanism die. I was driving from Dallas to Utah to collect my daughter (she just graduated with a bachelors in computer science), well it was actually my wife that was driving (we took turns as its a 20 hour trip each way) when we started having a beep alarm sound in the car. In 12 years of ownership I have never heard this beep before and had no idea what it was, after about 20 seconds we realised it was in time with the flashing indicators. My wife turned the indicators off and the noise stopped, we turned them back on and there was no noise, so we left them on a bit (as my wife had accidentally done) and after 90 seconds the beeping started. I had no idea the expedition had any kind of alarm to warn you that you have left your indicators on!! After 12 years I still love driving this car and I think even more of it now that I know it has even more features than I realised!!

Just wanted to throw this out in case other series 3 expedition owners had no idea about this feature!!

Gary

Robert Smith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I might try mine too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info!

Many years ago I had a Chrysler New Yorker (1989 model) that did the same thing... except it would start sounding the blinker alert chime like after 10 seconds, lol! It was really annoying when you were stopped at a light waiting to turn and I used to yell at it to "shut up", hahaha!

Ahh, Chrysler products... so many memories... but very few of them are good ones!

:p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1