LED Headlight Bulbs (Low & High beams)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shinysideup2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you guys replaced your headlamp bulbs with LED bulbs? Which brands have you had the best luck with?

I tried searching this forum for "3rd gen LED bulb" which only yielded 4th gen and 2nd gen results. Not sure how to search just this 3rd gen forum.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Have you guys replaced your headlamp bulbs with LED bulbs? Which brands have you had the best luck with?

I tried searching this forum for "3rd gen LED bulb" which only yielded 4th gen and 2nd gen results. Not sure how to search just this 3rd gen forum.

I wouldn't recommend led lighting for headlights. They don't perform in a reflector as they should and even though you have a whiter light it won't give you any better vision down the road(some will claim otherwise). You didn't specify what year you have but if you have a 15-17 the diode dynamics SL1 led is the only Led that performs well but only works in a single filament bulb socket so it wont work on 07-14

OP
OP
shinysideup2

shinysideup2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend led lighting for headlights. They don't perform in a reflector as they should and even though you have a whiter light it won't give you any better vision down the road(some will claim otherwise). You didn't specify what year you have but if you have a 15-17 the diode dynamics SL1 led is the only Led that performs well but only works in a single filament bulb socket so it wont work on 07-14
Thanks G. I've got a 2017 EL Limited, which I think have the projectors.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
What are some other solutions for brighter lighting? The halogens are dismal.
Quality HID bulbs for the low beam in the projector. Diode dynamic SL1 led for the high beam.

Low beam Hid because they still maintain a good cutoff in the halogen projector but put much more light on the road

High beam SL1 because the led chips are positioned exactly like the original halogen so it distributes light exactly how the halogen would. Typically with an led you get so much streaking and scatter it cancels out any of the good they provide. Meaning light will improve in some ways but fall off in others.