LED headlight replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rtstone813

Reaction score
Anyone replaced their halogen bulbs for LEDs? Bought some hi, low, and fog bulbs for my 21 limited. Curious if anyone has any experience with SYLVANIA LEDs and if they work without issues?

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put some cheap drop in leds in a Camry a couple months ago. So far no issues. Got them off Amazon.

bocabimmer

Reaction score
I used Alla Lighting for my high, low, backup, and license plate lights. Much better color temperature for sure, much brighter than the halogens. That’s the good.

Now the cons. I also drive a BMW with matrix LED low/high beams that adapt to oncoming traffic. My new setup on the Expedition is nowhere near as precise… understandably so. The LED bulb inserts are not full circle so there are some dead spots and also some bright spots. The cutoff is good enough, but I’ve seen better (LEDs retrofit in my old Honda minivan).

Bottom line, it’s better and I’m happy enough. But just hedge your expectations. It’s not an OEM setup.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
According to the invoice my 2017 reflector type headlights were upgraded with these bulbs almost six (6) years ago and are all still working fine:

Low beams: GTR Lighting H11B HID Bulbs, 5000k
... with 35w CANBUS H1D ballasts
High beams: Supernova V.3 LED Headlights, 9005/9145 Bulbs.

These aren't supposed to work in reflector housings but do. :)

At the risk of thread drift does anyone know how to adjust headlight aim side-to-side? Up and down is covered in the owner's manual.

-- Chuck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire