LED light swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah, why spend $10 for one bulb when you can buy 10 for that price and have spares... Hehehe

My philosophy... Though I'd assume mine count as a mid point as far as price goes.

I'd consider mined to be decently bright.

OP
OP
FtLaudBlkGT

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My philosophy... Though I'd assume mine count as a mid point as far as price goes.

I'd consider mined to be decently bright.

I really don't want anything real blinding either...

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yea, it seems that you change them out like that. The bottom, black plastic part is even swappable. You'd just have to drill the hole for the turn signal, where as on the ones that are "turn signal mirrors", the hole/socket for the bulb is already there.

How to take off the mirror:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEIh76Slfhw

I made it for someone wanting to see the motor, but you can see what I assume is the turn signal spot, next to the puddle lamp spot. Either way, it's easy to take out (even has a handle on the side). If you want to take off the bottom part, it's held by pressure clips and two (maybe three) torx screws. Should be evident if you start poking around.

What gen expy was this? Assume it's the same on all of them? I need to pop my right side mirror and turn it around cause the guy who had the truck before me must have broken it and bought a replacement, but when he installed it he did it backwards with the wide part of the mirror on the outside and the thin part on the inside (in other words backwards).