Let’s talk Lincoln Aviator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Easy fellas .... starting to sound like a Mustang forum around here :facepalm:

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does the Explorer ST have the 2.7 Eco? I have that engine in my Fusion Sport DD and it is a great engine!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does the Explorer ST have the 2.7 Eco? I have that engine in my Fusion Sport DD and it is a great engine!

No it has the 3.0L, still a Nano, but a few differences.

The thing the makes the new Explorer perform so well is the RWD bias, vs the FWD bias of the Fusion/Edge. DD’d a 2016 Edge Sport before the Explorer, so know the platform well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the new platform of the Explorer. The Mustang benefits from it as well. I liked the old Explorers and Mountaineers with the rear-wheel bias, but when they switched to front and I was looking for a new vehicle I went to the Expi for my wife and never looked back.

Tmg115

Reaction score
I drive a 3.0 ecoboost awd explorer at work. It is ok, but leaves a lot to be desired. It's kinda quick for an suv but definitely not as quick as my old chevy caprice with the 6.0L. That was an awesome car. I miss that car so much. It ate 600 sport bikes all day long. The 3.0 doesn't stand a chance with a 600 bike.

My 3.0 has been back to the dealer twice already under 8k miles. Once for an AWD fault issue and another for a fuel sender issue.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I drive a 3.0 ecoboost awd explorer at work. It is ok, but leaves a lot to be desired. It's kinda quick for an suv but definitely not as quick as my old chevy caprice with the 6.0L. That was an awesome car. I miss that car so much. It ate 600 sport bikes all day long. The 3.0 doesn't stand a chance with a 600 bike.

My 3.0 has been back to the dealer twice already under 8k miles. Once for an AWD fault issue and another for a fuel sender issue.

First off, thanks for your service!

It may not feel faster, but it is. The caprice’s 0-60 was over 6 seconds. Stock a ST is 5.2. The SSV Explorer is about the same weight as a fully loaded ST, even with gear. My best 0-60 stock was 5.3. Not to mention AWD traction advantages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That’s strange. The old Caprice PPV 6.0 was only 355 HP and 384 torque. Did 0-60 in 5.2 and ran the quarter in 13.8 seconds. A 2012 CBR 600 could do 3.2 seconds to 60 and quarter mile just under 11 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you think that old 6.0 Caprice was fast you should drive any new GM product with the 6.2L, it blows the 6.0 out of the water. From 355 to 455 horsepower, quite the difference. My dads friend has a 6.0 G8, it is torquey and fun, but no match compared to the more modern 6.2 in the Camaro (early version was available in the same car side by side).