lift questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it ok to use a torsion key with a shock spacer? Meaning can I use both methods at the same time to lift It? Thanks.

OP
OP
reefkrazy

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also Does the Monroe 90010 conversion kit add lift to the expedition ? As apposed to the air ride system.

xtinc7ion

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I dont see any issue in using both, I have used both 3" spacer and 3.5" spindle on mine but mine is a 2wd so I dont have any torsion adjustments. I would say, try it and see what you can figure out. anything more than 3" added to the coils will seriously be pushing the boundaries of maybe, maybe not when it comes to alignment though. I know thats not much help, trying to be quick so i can go eat lol. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask!

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure what your trying to do ..?/
If you have 4wd then the front is Torsion bar only. you can lift the front by either tighting the trosion bar bolts or with replacing the torsion keys. either way you get roughly 2" in the back all you can do is put in spacers for the coils. They come in 1.5", 2" 3" .
Then on top of this you can add a body lift 2" or 3"
Then you can add a Suspension lift 4-6"

I f you have air ride I would consider swapping it out with the monroe kit.
People on this site have done that. but will not give yopu any real lift.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
reefkrazy

reefkrazy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok what Im trying to do is lift it cheaply but I think I will have to go with a 6inch lift. I have a 3" body lift already. I twisted the bars and adjusted the air ride. It's high now but not high enough. I am planning to switch to the conversion kit soon. Does anyone know If that conversion kit adds any lift to it over stock air ride height ?

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't think the kit will give you any lift, it's just to replace the air ride.
What size tire do you want to run ??? 5" can get you 35" tire. that's all have, right now.
As for lift the best bang for the buck I would get the 6" Zone kit. Still going to cost $$$