Slight Lift Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TyCop7

Reaction score
Hey ya'll,

I have a 2017 Ford Expedition EL Limited that now has a leaky shock. As the truck is due for tires before winter here, I'd like to use the opportunity to get a slight "lift" on the truck. I had an older expedition in the past that used a 3/2 spacer and that was a little bigger than I'd like for this rig (just a family hauler / grocery getter).

From what I've seen on this thread, I believe I can just get some Bilstein 5100's and that would give me the "slight lift" that I'm wanting. My question mainly revolves around whether or not I need to replace the springs or if I can / should reuse the stock ones? For context the truck is at 140,*** miles. If I need to / should replace them, any options ya'll can point me towards? I've also read that I may need to replace the spring perches? Any idea where I'd even find those?

Thanks for the help, just going one size up from stock in tire size so I know I don't NEED the lift but I just feel like the Expedition feels kinda "small" when compared to the GM trucks (likely just a front end difference).
IMG_5841.jpeg

johnmcarguy

Reaction score
Yes, I'd recommend the 5100s. I installed them with a ready lift 3/2 and it was too high (control arm angle led to front end wander and creaking). So took out the front spacers and put the 5100s at highest and its perfect. No rub with 315/70/17s.

OP
OP
TyCop7

TyCop7

Reaction score
Did you reuse the stock springs and spring perches with the bilsteins?

Speedboosted

Reaction score
I have essentially the same rig but in black, and I did Eibach/Bilstein 5100s. Mileage was half of yours at the time of replacement, but my springs and perches were in perfect shape so I reused all that without issue. Just hammer the perches off, it was not hard at all (west coast vehicle, so no rust).

Here's a link to one post with pictures and more details: https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/show-your-lifted-3rd-gens.21457/post-489378