Lifting 99 Expo! Need advice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thomas

Reaction score
i got a 2004 xlt and looking for a lift so i can get 35's and make the body squat whats a good lift and what are good tires mud tires that are fairly cheap

OP
OP
B

bryce541

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice Thermo. I guess since I'll have to get new wheels I might as well go bigger then 16"! I would not have caught that. Thanks again man.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
bryce, going with bigger rims is a mixed bag as I see it. The current style is to go with 20" rims and off-road tires. Great if that is your bag of tricks. But, keep in mind that by going with bigger rims, you are also driving up costs and when out 4x4ing, you are putting the rim that much closer to the dirt. I am running 16's and have still managed to scrape my rims with 35" tires. Do some looking around and see what the options are, what it costs for each option and then go from there. You may find that stepping up to say 17" rims will net you more choices, but what more is that going to cost you over running 16" rims? may actually be cheaper. hard to say. do some looking and go from there. It costs nothing to price stuff and figure out what you need. The big number you need to keep in mind is 4.5" of backspacing. If they start talking about "offset", if you get confused, just ask. Offset is a relative term and it can get confusing unless you know what they are referring to.