Light Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roverabe

Reaction score
I'm desperately trying to find a light bar to fit my 2010 Expedition. I don't want the standard bull bar for a number of reasons. I'm wondering if anyone has tried the KC Hilites bar for the Raptor? Unlike other F-150 bars, this one mounts to the tow hook bolts (as opposed to the F-150 bars, which tend to mount with the bumper bolts). I asked KC if it would fit, and got a canned response that it would not. But the tow-hooks on the Raptor appear to be in the same location and same set-up as the Expy. Visually, there does not appear to be a clearance issue, but that might be the problem (I cant imagine that cant be cured by a quick visit to a fabricator shop). Alternatively, I've considered putting some PIAA 2100XT's in the grille, but I've heard that they get so hot they will melt the plastic. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

ezeq

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe theres a thread here regarding and led lightbar.hope it helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Roverabe

Reaction score
So in case anyone is interested, I couldn't resist, and bought the kc light bar for the raptor and installed it on my 2010 expy. It's a nearly perfect fit. The two exceptions are as follows: 1) there is a very slight rub on the valence directly above the tow hooks. It is so slight, and you would have to be looking up from the ground to notice any scratching if you removed the bar, so I am not concerned. 2) there are 2 tabs protruding downward that would connect to the Raptor's license plate frame bolts, but have nowhere to connect on the Expy. Doesn't bother me. I will try to post pics. Lights arrive next week. Psyched.

Tykinz

Reaction score
i have the same go rhino push bumper, planning to put on a cheap 28" cree light bar on mine. These come predrilled with 2 holes just for lights!

Ya, it was the best one I could find. I like the way it fits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk