Lights flickering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rtbrjason

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most likely a short somewhere in the harness that you touched. Check the harness in its entire length exposing all the wires and see if there are melted insulation. Something caused it and it should be identified and fixed.

No there aren't any shorts anywhere. All those lines have been redone at least once with new wires. This has been an ongoing problem since I bought the truck 3 years ago so mostly everything has been replaced at this point.

In this case it seems like the alternators smaller 2 wire connector does not like running in the same loom as the large charge wire. I'm not sure if it was run like this factory or if the last owner re-did the wires to make them look cleaner or what. When I re-did them all, I kept them all together and stuffed them into one large loom. Now that they're separated, it seems to have resolved the issue. Still not noticing any abnormal flickering. Still some minor flicker just in the LED interior lights I replaced but no one else notices it and I really have to concentrate to see it.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I am glad you fixed it. Try replicating the problem again to see if it occurs again you may find the cause. If you have a noid light try testing the 2 small alternator wires to see if there is a pulse positive end to the wire negative end to ground.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpember1990