Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much higher? I think 10W (maybe even 15W) should be fine, especially if it's a 65W replacing a 55W.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your trying 65+ you might be happier HID. Less power and cooler than halogens. Go to high with the halogens and you might melt the stock housing. And you can use the stock wiring.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2 On the HID count. But, you do have to run relays for the HIDs. Just got mine put in. :)

GRIP

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by ELVATO
X2 On the HID count. But, you do have to run relays for the HIDs. Just got mine put in. :)

why do you need to run relay 4 hids

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One wouldn't turn on if I don't.

The friend of mine who helped me put them in didn't think I would need a relay (he hadn't needed them for other cars), but I started having problems. One light wouldn't turn on, or sometimes neither of them would. I would need to disconnect the ballast, and reconnect it after the first light had warmed up.

The reason was probably because the lighting couldn't handle start up charge of both ballasts. Once one of them was started up, the start up charge of the warm one was much lower, thus the unlighted one could now draw how much it wanted.

Either way, they both start up fine now with both of the relays in. :) Also, apparently, turning them on with the Auto option is bad because the Auto option pulses, or something like that.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wonder if thats whats holding back one of my fogs sometimes. Sometimes it flickers and dies, sometimes holds itself, but ussually if I refire em again it'll be good.

My headlights have relays and run well. Thats barely any wiring anyways since the batts are right there.

AvroAero

Full Access Members
Reaction score
got mine from stealth-automotive.com
guy's a powerstroke.org sponsor, nice guy, Raul.
Only thing is my fogs didn't come with a relay harness. If you get the headlight fog combo.