Little Things Complied With

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
Our new to us 06 Expedition came with one worn out key fob and one key. Ordered two replacememt fobs which came in today, went by a local locksmith had a new key made and programmed. All told for just under $100.00 we now have 2 keys and 3 key fobs that all work.

Changed out a burnt out low beam (actually changed both low beams), now we can see in the dark better (Not great, just better). Went with basic bulbs for now, on my Jeep ZJ I had Silverstar Ultras with a slight blue tint that seem to illuminate everything. So either these headlights need adjusted or I need to upgrade them, as the beam seems washed out at a short distance.

Wife picked up generic floor mats for now, will order Expedition specific mats after the holidays. Our one granddaughter has staked ownership over the overhead DVD player (She's only 2 1/2). Wife has fallen in love with the Great White Beast aka as Crystal, and has gotten use to driving it in no time.

Just a few more things marked off the list of minor things to do/fix/address.

Transporter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When looking at mats if you plan to keep the Beast, I can highly recommend the WeatherTech Custom Floor mats. I have then in all my vehicles and they are great in the Expedition. They will trap and hold a ton of sand and even engineered to hold a 20 to 32 ounce coffee or soda spill. I especially like the rear deck mat for then I have the seats laid down (real protect for the carpeted seat back that become the rear deck bed for when one throws 20 bags of cypress mulch in the back!

I'm with you, I have high and low Silverstar Ultras in my headlights. They made a real difference. I am looking at going with some of the new LEDs just as soon as another Forum Member sends the brand/part number he found worked best. I am also installing the 32 inch LED light bar behind my grille for when that is needed.

On the DVD player, if it is the factory unit, don't freak out when some Disney and Sony DVDs will not play. These older players will not play all the current disks that are out. When I put my new 2DIN head unit in, I didn't even bother matching the DVD player controls and inputs due to so many DVDs our granddaughter wants to watch not playing. Our solution since I run a wifi hotspot for all my speed enforcement countermeasures was for her to use an iPad so she can watch all her movies and programs and the iPad has a bigger screen plus we can listen to what we want to instead of the DVD taking over all speakers for 5.1 surround. Just a thought.

Enjoy the new to you Beast!

OP
OP
USAF Sarge

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
Wife is actually looking at the WeatherTech mats, so I guess that is what we'll end up with.
When looking at mats if you plan to keep the Beast, I can highly recommend the WeatherTech Custom Floor mats. I have then in all my vehicles and they are great in the Expedition. They will trap and hold a ton of sand and even engineered to hold a 20 to 32 ounce coffee or soda spill. I especially like the rear deck mat for then I have the seats laid down (real protect for the carpeted seat back that become the rear deck bed for when one throws 20 bags of cypress mulch in the back!

I'm with you, I have high and low Silverstar Ultras in my headlights. They made a real difference. I am looking at going with some of the new LEDs just as soon as another Forum Member sends the brand/part number he found worked best. I am also installing the 32 inch LED light bar behind my grille for when that is needed.

On the DVD player, if it is the factory unit, don't freak out when some Disney and Sony DVDs will not play. These older players will not play all the current disks that are out. When I put my new 2DIN head unit in, I didn't even bother matching the DVD player controls and inputs due to so many DVDs our granddaughter wants to watch not playing. Our solution since I run a wifi hotspot for all my speed enforcement countermeasures was for her to use an iPad so she can watch all her movies and programs and the iPad has a bigger screen plus we can listen to what we want to instead of the DVD taking over all speakers for 5.1 surround. Just a thought.

Enjoy the new to you Beast!

Wife is actually looking at the WeatherTech mats, so I guess that is what we'll end up with, LOL.

Been looking at and reading up on headlight mods and options. Want something that is brighter as we spend a lot of time on back wood highways which are a magnet for deer. Have no desire to make contact with one. Don't want anything over the top, just brighter.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a set of Wagner 9006BLX from Rock auto in my low beams, and bought a set of replacement headlamps off Amazon for about $85, and they are PLENTY bright. I also installed a new set of bulbs in the fog lamps, and work great together. The bulbs that come with the new headlamps for high beams work just fine... How often are you high beams on anyways? If you want, replace them with some Wagner 9005BLX's to.complete it.

Here are my fog lamp bulbs

Tutti Racing H10/9145 55W pair Fog Light Xenon HID Super White Replacement Bulbs https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B008DL2D1W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_B1-gCbHJYWTP3

My replacement headlamps

Partsam Headlight Assembly for 03-06 Ford Expedition 2003 2004 2005 2006 Driver and Passenger Side Pair Headlamps Head Lights Lamps Replacement Chrome Housing Amber Reflector FO2503198 FO2503181 https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07DG42G1H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_R5-gCb3W0T0P4

OP
OP
USAF Sarge

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
I have a set of Wagner 9006BLX from Rock auto in my low beams, and bought a set of replacement headlamps off Amazon for about $85, and they are PLENTY bright. I also installed a new set of bulbs in the fog lamps, and work great together. The bulbs that come with the new headlamps for high beams work just fine... How often are you high beams on anyways? If you want, replace them with some Wagner 9005BLX's to.complete it.

Here are my fog lamp bulbs

Tutti Racing H10/9145 55W pair Fog Light Xenon HID Super White Replacement Bulbs https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B008DL2D1W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_B1-gCbHJYWTP3

My replacement headlamps

Partsam Headlight Assembly for 03-06 Ford Expedition 2003 2004 2005 2006 Driver and Passenger Side Pair Headlamps Head Lights Lamps Replacement Chrome Housing Amber Reflector FO2503198 FO2503181 https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07DG42G1H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_R5-gCb3W0T0P4

Great option I'll look into this. Might be the way I go.

OP
OP
USAF Sarge

USAF Sarge

Reaction score
Can the motor be replaced on the power mirrors? Passenger side works smooth as silk, drivers side stutters/shutters and doesn't retract all the way. When adjusting the mirror it's smooth, only when folding and unfolding does it act up.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look for a good used one. I use www.car-part.com all the time. They are LKQ authorized bone yards, and always have some type of warranty. I would think replacing the motor would be more expensive than just finding a different mirror, or get one off EBay

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone dissecting the mirror motor. I don't believe their available separate, might be through the dealer, if still available. You might want to take it all apart, if that's possible, and clean and lube in there. If you can't, or don't want to go through all that, all the parts stores sell replacements. Make sure you give all the info, whether heated, puddle lamps etc. Theirs 3 different types. All have different electrical plugs.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

ltharley

Reaction score
Wife is actually looking at the WeatherTech mats, so I guess that is what we'll end up with.

Wife is actually looking at the WeatherTech mats, so I guess that is what we'll end up with, LOL.

Been looking at and reading up on headlight mods and options. Want something that is brighter as we spend a lot of time on back wood highways which are a magnet for deer. Have no desire to make contact with one. Don't want anything over the top, just brighter.
if you want WeatherTechs (they are awesome) check Cabelas. Weather Tech makes sets for Cabelas and they often go on sale at 20% off or so.
I just put Silver Star Ultras on the 04 Beast and it helped.
Dennis