Long Term Ride Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive noticed the ride quality in my 17 Limited EL feels as if it has degraded some. I'm not sure if its because of the load leveling shocks or what but if its empty in the back you can feel every little bump. Add a couple hundred pounds back there and it feels much better. Ive gone as far as running my tire pressures a little lower to see if that helps with the ride

How many miles do you have on it?

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Now since i pulled the trigger on my ltd, and putting 100 quick miles on it, i must say im glad with my decision. Now i do wish that i ordered the 302a because the love of my life wanted the 360 camera, and im a lil upset that the led bar on the headlights isnt std on the halogen set of headlights but included on the led headlight option. With that said, the std suspension is super smooth. Its not floaty by any means, its firm but supple on bumps and never harsh. Bigger bumps are absorbed way better than anything I've driven. Def one of the smoothest and most comfy vehicles let alone trucks on the market in std form. And yes the ccd is better from when i test drove the platinum, but because that was so short, i wanted to kno what the long term impressions of it was from consumers. The std suspension is almost as good on smooth surfaces, just slightly less plush, but never drove the ccd on bad roads. Though bumps are "felt" the expy was never founf out of step on any road i took it on. Now we just need to take it on the highway and see how it does.

Rebel4fun

Reaction score
Good points. One thing our trucks do have a problem with no matter what we do is offroad performance.... and it’s whole issue is the IRS, the arms come too low and they jab into the mud, where a Tahoe will just drive right through with it’s solid rear axle. Luckily the fords 4WD system is pretty good to balance it out. I’d still buy the expy all over again with a solid axle I’d actully prefer it.
I'm going to be putting 33's on my expi or 35's to help the rear ground clearance and from what I've read the 4wd electronic autolocker is boss!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be putting 33's on my expi or 35's to help the rear ground clearance and from what I've read the 4wd electronic autolocker is boss!

The locker is nice, Use it only in a straight line and don't turn with it engaged. Is it like the Tahoe/ Yukon with the G80 where it does it automatically?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeroday