Looking for AsBuilt configurations of Gen2 exeditions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gips

Reaction score
Hello,
i am a new user form the other part of the world . Located in Bulgaria just got my hands on a beautiful 2005 XLT. Unfortunately there are some things that i dont like and want to change. Basically i had a Lincoln LS until recently and i was able to adjust on it the configuration that i didnt like by comparing AsBuilt values from other members cars and digging up what needs to be changed in order to modify it to my liking. In short i am trying to find how to enable and disable some things on the car. For example i want to enable DRL disable the Two Stage lock also disable the Belt minder and eventually convert the temperature to celsius and or the mileage from Miles to Kilometers. Also disable the alarm and leave only the central lock etc. In order to do that i need to gather some information from other cars AsBuilt configurations. If possible for some of you to go to https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt and enter their VIN number to get the below data for their car and paste it here the same way i pasted mine below. I need the settings for ICM and VSM only. Also if possible, when pasting please mention a few things for your car like does it have DRL, Two stage lock, belt minder for driver and or passenger . is it showing the mileage in Kilometers or Miles and temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit. Thanks a lot in advance i am going to read on the forums now for other things about the car in order not to ask stupid questions . I will make sure to post here the findings form my experiments. For example i think i already know how to disable the TPMS on the car. I will paste that info later today.

:)
1708947028769.png

OP
OP
G

gips

Reaction score
To disable TPMS you need to adjust the third bit from the first four in ICM. In my case the hex value is B020 and this corresponds to 1011 0000 0010 0000 in binary.
In order to disable the TPMS you need to adjust the third bit to 0. In my case this will become 1001000000100000 in binary or 9020 in hex. So i modify the value of B to 9 in Forscan and write it, so that it can adjust the correct checksum . The fourth bit is responsible for the compass on the instrument cluster. If you dont want the compass , just change it from 1 to 0 and your compass is gone :) I also have deciphered the values for tire sizes and also the differential ratios, but i will write those in another reply later. Meantime please send me some AsBuilt configs to help me experiment further. Thank you .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire